WORKSHOP TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. A non-refundable deposit of the amount stated in the workshop description is required at the time of booking and must be sent with the completed booking form.
2. The remaining balance of the workshop after the deposit has been paid will be due 4 weeks before the workshop starts. If full payment is not received by this time I reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled and retain the deposit.
3. If a booking made less than 4 weeks prior to the workshop start date, the full cost of the workshop is payable at the time of booking
4. Once the full amount has been paid if you choose to cancel the workshop within the 4 weeks leading up to the workshop departure date I then retain the full amount paid to cover loss of earnings etc.
5. Receipt of a deposit does not imply acceptance of a booking. We will confirm our acceptance of your booking in writing and it is at the time we send out this confirmation that a contract comes into existence between us.
6. Kirk Norbury reserves the right to cancel any workshop. Should an alteration or cancellation become necessary, you will have the choice of accepting the change, taking an alternative workshop (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference), or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a refund of all monies paid to Kirk Norbury. For the avoidance of doubt, as Kirk Norbury is not party to any flight or travel bookings you make yourself and has received no payment for the same, we will not refund the cost of your flight or travel costs in the event of workshop cancellation. See clause 13 below.
7. Under booking is the situation in which the minimum number of bookings required to run a tour is not met, and if we have to cancel a tour because of this we will not do so less than 30 days prior to departure. Force majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather.
8. In the event that Kirk Norbury is unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control the workshop will be cancelled and the provisions of clause 6 will come into effect.
9. We reserve the right to change any of the prices, service or other particulars of a workshop before we enter into a contact with you. If there is a change we will notify you before we enter into such a contract.
10. If you have any special dietary or other requests you should inform us of these before our departure. We will advise the relevant supplier of your requirements, but we cannot guarantee that such requests will be met and will have no liability to you if such requests are not met.
11. The type of workshops I offer require flexibility due to different factors and you must allow for alternatives. For this reason the outline itinerary and the workshop description must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the workshop, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of Kirk Norbury.
12. Kirk Norbury accepts responsibility for acts and/omissions of its employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment) Kirk Norbury does not accept liability or responsibility for death, bodily injury or illness caused to any clients booking a workshop with Kirk Norbury unless arising from the negligent act and/or omission of the company’s employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). Any claims shall be subject to British Law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the British Courts.
13. Kirk Norbury does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by the delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the passenger.
14. Kirk Norbury does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by loss, damage or stolen camera equipment during the workshop.
15. The client must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract on the spot to Kirk Norbury thus giving the tour leader the opportunity to achieve a satisfactory solution. Should this not be possible, you should make your complaint known to us in writing within 28 days of the completion of the workshop.
16. If workshop participant is coming from outside the UK it is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate travel insurance cover before you set out on the workshop. The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the workshop (whether whole or in part), personal accident and injury, medical, loss of baggage and personal money, and belongings and flight cancellations and delays.
17. By signing the booking for you are agreeing to accept all of the above conditions. The person who signs the booking form does so on behalf of all the individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.
18. By attending a workshop I hereby give my permission for images & video taken of myself to be used to promote Kirk Norbury workshops or to be for any Media for any purpose (except pornographic, defamatory, libellous or otherwise unlawful) which may include, among others, advertising, promotion, marketing and packaging for any product or service.
19. Kirk Norbury is also a guide for Wild Photography Holidays and the workshops advertised with them the terms and conditions stated above do not reflect their terms which can be found on their website.